Saturday, September 1, 2012

On Choosing the Lesser Evil



The last thing I am going to do is play dead. I am at a loss to see how choosing the lesser evil is better than voting with a conscience (odd word, that). Moving to a voluntary society is not quite as simple as opting out of a failed political system, but it's a start. Maintaining a capitalistic position on interactions in markets is another cornerstone. What we do for our own self-interest also benefits society, much as statists on the left (and some on the right) believe we need government to tell us how to interact in society, those of us with the will can do just fine on our own.

Or maybe I should just go with the flow and cast my vote for whoever the TV tells me to...

I am more shocked that many (but not all) modern conservatives have abandoned the principles of the Founding Fathers and wholeheartedly accepted the government as the answer the all of the needs of society. That's fascism, we used to hate it. Funny, that. Some people buy into the status quo like it's on sale at Wal-Mart. Blue Light Special!

No comments:

Post a Comment