Thursday, August 9, 2012

Slut Shaming Women

palinshoes Slut Shaming Women

It's no secret that I am not a fan of Sarah Palin. Most of the time when she opens up her mouth, I cringe. I don't like her politics. I think she is a hypocrite as well, and I don't feel she is an honest person. I think she should just step down and go about her life.

But, I have to say I was shocked, saddened and very angry over many of the comments that I saw pertaining to the posted photo.

Palin is wearing a a Superman T-shirt, a pair of black capri pants and some high heels.

She looks good. She's a middle aged woman and she obviously takes care of herself. More power to her.

I couldn't walk in those shoes, but I think she is rocking them out. And I personally love the T-shirt. I want one!

The remarks that I saw all over the Internet about this particular picture, well..shocked me.

Let me repeat. I am NOT a fan of Palin, but when I saw the picture, I pretty much just kept on going. I didn't have an opinion on it and I didn't see what other people saw. I really had no clue why that picture was showing up all over the Internet, until I saw some actual posts about it.

I saw several references to her picture calling her a "whore, slut, trailer trash." I saw comments about her breasts being fake and her shoes being called, "come fuck me shoes."

One man said, "She looks like a trailer park whore.. sorry,,"

(You're not sorry. You're ignorant.)

Another said, " She just needs a wild liberal 'Superman', with a big gun, to show her some tuff love… anybody know one…?"

(Yeah, just what every woman needs. Fuck her good. Teach her something.)

I am convinced that people say things like this to dehumanize a person.

slut shaming Slut Shaming Women

Strip them down to nothing. And for women, it is even worse. Why is this okay?


Full article: http://www.worldwidehippies.com/2012/08/09/slut-shaming-women/

No comments:

Post a Comment