Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Complacency in Voting

http://t.qkme.me/35q6ln.jpg

I don't believe that complacency is in our nature, but that when times get difficult and choices become complicated many people tend to fall back into a groove, or a false dichotomy. I believe that these reasons are why we see the choices in this year's presidential election. It's hard not to fall into the divisive politics of the season, but seeing the nearly identical lines these two hold regarding foreign policy, I don't know how collapse can be avoided.

I don't consent to what's going on, so I don't vote to encourage it. I used to try and ignore it, but I can't anymore. And I think that more and more people are waking up to the reality that central governance through any system eventually leads to where we are today. Government by nature is corruptible, and some men are as well, and the latter tends to infect the former.

Withdraw your consent. Don't vote.

No comments:

Post a Comment